Apple Strudel Muffins
I finished my second exam today! How did I celebrate? By making a batch of these babies! If you have a couple of apples lying around the house and feel like baking something simple, try these light and easy yummy muffins.
What you'll need:
makes 12 large muffins
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3 eggs medium-sized eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups of shredded apples
(adds extra moist and flavour)
1 cup of chopped apples
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
How to do it:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Shred and chop the apples. Keep them aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
4. In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and eggs until smooth. Mix in vanilla.
Add in the apples and gradually blend in the flour mixture.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan.
6. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
Cut in butter until mixture is like coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over tops of mixture in muffin pan.
7. Reduce oven temperature to 180 degrees Celcius and bake for 20 minutes;
or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Allow to sit for 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan.
8. Cool on a wire rack before devouring them.
Bon appétit. Sahtein. Selamat menjamu selera.
Recipe adapted from here and slightly modified by yours truly.